What Personal Information about visitors does Edison Insurance Group gather?
The information we learn from visitors helps us to personalize and continually improve your web viewing experience. Here are some of the types of information we gather:
Information you provide us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or that you may provide us in any other way. You may chose not to provide certain information, however you may not be able to take advantage of many of our Web site features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your online experience, or communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information for example, like many Web-sites we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Edison Insurance Group’s Web site. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Edison Insurance Group’s Web site if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as access to restricted content
The help browser on your toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have a browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Edison Insurance Group’s features, and we would recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Edison Insurance Group, share the information we receive.
We do not sell your customer information to anyone. Information about our visitors is private, except as described below:
Edison Insurance Group will use your information to help you with your insurance or other needs. We may contact you about products, features, and options in which you have expressed an interest. We may also do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you have requested
- Quote an application for insurance. This quotation, depending upon the type of insurance required, may include but is not limited to: request of loss runs for prior carrier, proof of prior insurance coverage, running of motor vehicle reports, credit reports, CLUE reports, medical information, or inspections. In addition submission of your application to one or more insurance carriers, brokers or affiliated companies or insurance carriers will be and is required.
- Service your policy, including but not limited to information to lien holders, mortgage holders, certificate holders, loss payees, auditors, claims adjustors, insurance carriers, insurance carrier inspectors or other third parties with whom we understand notification is or may be required.
- Market our insurance carrier and brokers products to you.
- Detect or prevent fraud, or people who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order, or to comply with lawful requests of the Florida Department of Financial Services or any other governmental authorities or regulatory agency.
Except as may otherwise indicated, we will treat your information as confidential, and we recognize the importance of protecting it. We value your confidence in us.
How secure Is Information About Me or My Business?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software where required, which encrypts information during transit.
Which Information May I Access?
Edison Insurance Group provides general information on types of policies written, quoting information, claim procedures, insurance carrier contact information, a broad range of informational bulletins, service request areas, information about Edison, as well as links to various other web-sites that may be useful to our visitors.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you should chose to visit Edison Insurance Group’s Web site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice, If you have ANY concern over privacy at Edison Insurance Group’s Web site, please send a thorough description to Postmaster@edisonins.com, with “PRIVACY NOTICE CONCERNS EDISON”, under the subject line, and we will attempt to resolve it. The Web changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may change also. We do not mail periodic reminders of our Privacy Notice or changes made, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
EDISON INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.